Mini Digger Hire
We have a number of mini diggers for hire, including the micro 1 ton, the 1.5 ton, 2.3 ton, 3 ton and 3.5 ton – all the way up to the bigger 5 ton and 6 ton models.
Hiring specialist items such as a mini digger is a great way to save you money as they tend to be used for one or two large jobs and not needed afterwards.
When you hire a mini digger from us you’ll be hiring professional, tried and tested machinery. And you’ll be able to tap into our knowledge for getting the best out of them too.
Please take a look at the models below. Or call us on 01608 661677 or 01451 810885 for advice and to secure your hire.
Take a look at our Mini Digger Hire Guide below, it’ll help you make the right choice and provide you with some important tips for usage.
Current Mini Digger Hire Models
1 Ton Micro Digger
A mini excavator (or digger) is a term used in the construction industry for machines under 10 tons.
The smallest 1 ton micro digger machines are ideally suited for tight spaces or narrow access and as you are able to retract the tracks beneath the machine you can fit them through 750mm gaps.
Even our 1.5 ton mini diggers can fit through gaps of 1050mm, enabling access to rear gardens for example.
How to choose the right mini digger to hire
It’s always a good idea to choose the right size machine for your job, follow these three simple steps:
- Measure the access width you have, whether it’s down the side of the house or through a gate.
- Consider the depth you need to dig to get the job done properly and,
- How far the machine bucket on the digger can actually reach.
What can I do with a mini digger and are they easy to operate?
Mini diggers are very versatile; often used for digging foundation footings, digging holes, moving soil, levelling soil, removing hedging and tree stumps, creating ponds and lots of other jobs where hand digging would take much too much time and effort.
They’re relatively simple to operate and have the useful safety feature of ‘hands off-all stop’ which means that if the operator removes their hands and feet from the controls the machine ceases to move.
Mini Digger Hire - Health and Safety
Always consider the safety aspects and formulate a safety plan.
- Always read the safety instructions that come with hired diggers prior to starting work.
- Always wear PPE and use the seat belt.
- Keep pedestrians, children and pets well away from the work area.
- Avoid any potential crush hazards.
- Be certain the buckets are fitted securely to prevent them falling off.
- Beware of obstacles, overhead cables, buried services and surfaces that may collapse.
- Aim to operate the machine from a level area, do not traverse any steep areas.
- Beware of loose/slippery surfaces.
For more information see our guide to hiring equipment for property maintenance in our For New Hirers page.
Or, just call us on 01608 661677 or 01451 810885 for advice at any time.